You know about the glorious scenery and the perfect four seasons of weather in Prescott, maybe that is even why you are building a custom home here, but there is so much more to love that you may not have heard about. We have 30 years experience building custom homes in Prescott for our discerning customers so we have a lot to share. Read on to get an insider view of your new hometown in picture perfect Prescott!
Prescott, Arizona History & Fun Facts
Prescott is famous for its verified Wild West history and even our world famous Whiskey Row has its modern equivalent; still vibrant and exciting, but now without the gun fights.
- Whisky row is a full block of historic bars and saloons where some of America’s most infamous cowboys and outlaws spent time and made history
- Prescott was once the territorial capital of present day Arizona
- Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday stayed and drank on Whiskey Row en route to Tombstone
- Prescott is known as “Everyone’s hometown” and it truly is.
- Insiders pronounce Prescott “Press-kitt”
What To Do in Prescott: Recreation and Outdoors
You can’t go wrong if you love the outdoors. From gentle walks downtown to venturing out to the nearby forests, lakes and rivers, there is much to do in Prescott:
- Perfect outdoor weather with an average temperature of 70 degrees
- Amazing scenic locations include lush lakes and streams, verdant meadows, and the famous granite dells
- All kinds of outdoor activities are on offer: kayaking, hiking, camping, horseback riding, golfing, mountain biking, you name it, we’ve got it.
What To Do in Prescott: Entertainment / Events
A wide variety of annual events, traditional concerts and theater are all available in Prescott:
- Frontier Days known as the world’s oldest rodeo. The exciting week long event takes place during July 4th week every year. Roping, Barrel Racing, Bull Riding and the traditional 4th of July fireworks event are just a few of the spectacles.
- The Museum of Indigineous Peoples (Smoki) has the mission to honor and celebrate the Indiginous People of the area and not only has an annual auction, but has ongoing events that inspire and educate
- 4th Friday Art Walk is fast becoming a staple event and you can find more concerts, shows and events at the Elks Opera House, the Prescott Center for the Arts, or the other local performing arts venues in the area.
Restaurants in Prescott, Arizona
Despite its small town feeling, right down to the Gazebo in the center of town, there is a rich array of dining experiences. There is something for every palate and style. From steaks to McDonalds, it’s all here. Here are a few favorites:
- The most famous restaurant in town is the Palace Restaurant & Saloon opened in 1877 and welcomed Prescott’s most famous and infamous. It is on Whiskey Row and retains it’s authentic 1901 swinging doors (replaced after the 1900 fire), bullet holes in the ceiling, and history of famous patrons like Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders. NB- don’t miss the “Rough Rye-der”, a mix of the Palace’s signature rye whiskey, apple cider, and pear bitters.
- Local favorite Bob’s Pizza is a real crowd pleaser
- The hidden gem El Gato Azul serves tapas & southwestern fare in a charming venue
Love Your New Town? Let’s Build!
So now you know some more of the amazing lure of Prescott, we would love to get to know you and share our expertise if we could be helpful with your custom home project. We are the local experts at building custom homes in Prescott with over 30 years of experience here and we’d love to talk to you so give us a call at 928-776-0301.