If you are in the market to build a custom home, we want to share some tips for buying land for your home based on our decades of experience here in Prescott as the premier custom home builder for discerning homeowners.
There are many factors for future homeowners to consider but foremost among those are these top tips you will want to know to help you choose the right spot.
- What’s the view? Yep, you knew this would be number one for Prescott because we have all types of beautiful views to take advantage of. There is the picturesque town, meadow views, forested lots, and mountain views. You will want to have a selection of favorites so you can enjoy the benefits of living in such a gorgeous place.
- Finding that perfect lot. This part is a lot easier with a builder like us. We know the area and have the extensive contacts to help you find what is right for you. Sometimes, people know exactly what they are looking for and if you are among those you can actually search out vacant lots that are perfect for you and then locate the owners using tax records. Then you can contact them directly to see if they would like to sell.
- More about the Lot. Is it zoned for what you want? Are utilities all set to be connected? What type of land prep will you need to do to break ground? While these may sound a little intimidating, if your builder is knowledgeable in all these areas, like we are, then they can help you navigate these concerns.
- Spend a little time in the neighborhood when you’ve picked the general area. Get a feeling for the neighborhood. Does it have everything you need where you need it? If you can spend a few days or weeks there, try to experience the community. Get to know the people and area; its sights, sounds, and smells and make sure it is the right location for you. If you can get to know people in the area, not only can you get a great headstart on your social circle, but you can also learn any potential issues and hopefully some hidden gems with the area.
- Build appropriately. We recommend that you do whatever your heart desires when it comes to building your custom home, but as far as an investment, it is wise to build a home appropriate to the land cost and commensurate with neighboring homes for long term value.
- Know the season. We are skilled at building in any season, but you can use our expertise to find the ideal time to build to keep costs down and get you in your home as quickly as possible.
What an exciting time of life, to be building a custom home in a gorgeous setting like Prescott, Arizona. Finding the right lot is essential to allow all of your dreams and high standards for quality come to fruition. We are similarly motivated to build beautifully and would love the chance to talk to you about your custom home, whether you want help picking the lot or if you already know where you want to build, we can help.
So call us right away at 978-776-0301 to talk about your many options in the Prescott area!