So you’ve got the funds, and you’re ready to move into your first home – or maybe your 2nd home, or your 3rd, right here in Prescott, Arizona. Now you’re wondering, should I buy a custom home that’s already been built, or should I have a new custom home built specifically for me? It’s a tough decision, no doubt. Building a custom home can be both more costly (see an estimation of how much it costs here) and time-consuming than buying a pre-existing house – but it’s well worth any extra cost and time associated with it. If you need some more convincing, read on.
Is It Better To Build A Home Or Buy One Already Built?
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, it takes approximately 7 months from the start of construction to the day you can move into a new custom home build. That’s a long time to wait for your new house if you’re anxious for a change. In addition, building a home can come with hidden costs that are hard to foresee.
Read More: Cost to Build a Custom Home in Prescott
Despite the obstacles, there are numerous reasons to consider building a custom home as opposed to buying an existing one. Ignoring the fact that you’ll have your very own, one-of-a-kind house – maybe even with your own design – here are some advantages to keep in mind:
- Everything in it is new and up-to-date – so no worrying about repairs or out-of-date systems.
- You don’t have to compete with other home buyers — this house is all yours!
- There’s no chance of your new house having harmful materials like asbestos, lead, or mold
- A new custom-built house can be easily equipped with environment-friendly tech (such as solar panels, green appliances, etc.). Check out our Top 10 Green Building Features for Custom Homes.
- If your home is well-built (we can guarantee it will be if it’s with us!), it could become a family relic to be passed down generation to generation. And you get the satisfaction of knowing that it all started with you.
A Custom Home Built Just For You
Convinced yet? With Prescott Builder, you can have your dream home, built just the way you want it. Don’t settle for a house you don’t want – call us now to get the process started!